The Rare Disease Account Executive (RDAE) main responsibility is to drive patient identification (not contact) and market development for SMA by creating territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory. Furthermore, effectively maintaining relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on SPINRAZA and remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions.
The RDAE is accountable for the success of SPINRAZA in the assigned accounts by working in partnership with marketing, logistics support, internal / field market access and medical colleagues to create value for patients and other relevant stakeholders within the accounts to ensure long-term growth in alignment with Biogen´s code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards.
Establish clinical value of SPINRAZA instilling a sense of urgency to treat SMA.
- Ensure logistics are in place to administer SPINRAZA and IT application.
- Builds individual – cross functional - strategic account plans on how to approach customers, improve standard of care, remove barriers, and maintain relationships to maximize quality SMA care with SPINRAZA
- Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed.
- Building up, strengthening and ensuring a long-term customer relationship with the accounts’ key stakeholders responsible for SMA care delivery and funding of treatment. Achieve intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders’ priorities and decision making processes (patient flow identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for SPINRAZA utilization).
- Identified hospital/clinical to develop multidisciplinary team to treat SMA patients
- Bachelor in Science and/or business administration, economy or related.
- Master degree desirable
- English Advance level (reading mainly) Intermediate Speaking
- 4+ years of commercial or field medical experience in a multinational pharmaceutical/biotech company
- Preferred experience in rare diseases (essential)
- High degree of learning agility to learn/understand SPINRAZA administration and neuromuscular diseases. Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle risk and uncertainty
- Must have experience working in a commercial team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs, ideally in leading cross functional field team
- Experience on virtual environment
- Must be comfortable spending > 30-40% of their time traveling
- Experience with neurology &pediatrics/neurologics