At Biogen, our mission is clear : we are pioneers in neuroscience. Since our founding in 1978 as one of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen has led innovative scientific research with the goal over the last decade to defeat devastating neurological diseases
Chile is an affiliate with 20MM revenue (AOP 2020 target) , portfolio MS and SMA, and Aducanumab coming. The country represents a critical opportunity to make a true impact by addressing unmet medical needs through commercial and Access to Medicines activities.
The Chile Commercial Director, will play an integral role in transforming the affiliate into an agile, innovative operation that is able to navigate access challenges today that prevent patients from obtaining the appropriate treatment for highly specialized conditions and bring to market a high impact new product that has the potential to significantly improve people lives.
1. Drive overall performance in providing leadership in achieving maximum growth in line with overall business strategy of the company.
2. Develop long range vision of the needs of the commercial organization, anticipate the impact of business trends and prepare plans to accommodate business changes while meeting overall company objectives.
3. Build the organization’s capability and develop our people to achieve the revenue ambition aligned to latest forecast assumptions for LATAM 500.
4. Drive cross-functional collaboration involving alignment, decisions, identification of issues and solutions regarding core business local processes and operations.
5. Growth market share for MS and SMA business, winning in the right way and setting a culture of Ethics ensuring the company compliance standards.
6. Support LAS Head in formulating long- and mid-term strategy.
Acts with a sense of urgency.
Strives to enhance performance by doing things that are unique and leading edge.
Is proactive in providing development opportunities.
Complex situations this role will be required to manage on day-to-day basis.
1. Direct government affairs and others activities to develop positive relationships with government and pharmaceutical industry societies.
2. Represent the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimize all business development opportunities.
3. Liaise with LAS leadership team to report company performance and other issues related to company operations.