Yapo.cl, Adevinta’s Chilean marketplace brand, is experimenting big growth and is now searching for new talents for its organization.
We are the leading online marketplace in Chile. It's positioned among the 10 most visited websites + apps in the country and the largest site accessed from mobile devices. With more than 1.5 million daily visits and more than 8 million users every day, it's the current preferred brand for buying and selling online.
What we are looking is a Chief Product Officer that play a pivotal role in building the vision, roadmap and team that will be in charge of designing our product for the future. Specifically, this person will be directly responsible for building and managing a high functioning team of Product managers, product owners and UX/UI specialist, who will deliver well-designed software that engages and delights our users while getting high profits out of it.
The candidate will have to face the following challenges:
- Understand and help to develop the company global strategy.
- Create and develop the product vision and strategy, in line with the global one.
- Should be delivery-driven, practical and networking attitude.
- It's an Adevinta ambassador, inside and outside.
- Lead internal teams, turning them in high performance teams focusing on diversity by an effective people management.
- Also need leadership skills to lead the organization / partners / stakeholders in the community.
- Is a continuous learner and takes responsibility for own development and keeps up to date with the latest and greatest in own area of expertise, acting as a mentor ensuring improvement in others professionals skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates self-awareness; has a clear view of own strengths and development needs and the effect he/she has on other people.
- Leads by Adevinta leadership principles and Adevinta values his team and also help his managers to lead their own teams by them.
- Define the product strategy and build its long and short terms OKRs.
- Based on this OKR’s build a long term plans and short term roadmaps, executing and following through results and instilling speed and fact-based decisions in the organization.
- Will be responsible for balance the interests of multiple teams and resolves conflict to ensure overall results.
- Optimize current cross-teams processes
- Keep in touch with the CPO’s community at Adevinta, in order to detect collaboration opportunities.
- Take our Product to the next level in terms of team organization, acquisition of new capabilities.
- Looking always to fulfill users needs while keep growing our revenues.
- Four or more years working as a CPO or similar.
- Analytical skills, create robust analysis and meaningful insights to drive actions and highlight opportunities.
- Capability of having a clear vision of both big picture and details, as long, mid and short term actions and strategies.
- Proven experience in mobile and web product design and project management, working with cross-functional teams such as designers and developers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast moving and ever changing environment with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, sometimes at the last minute.
- High energy and self motivation, to dive change and act as an inspiring entity, being courageous and persistent.
- Deep knowledge of UX principles, methodologies and architecture (for web and mobile).
- Basic technical understanding of online product development (limitations, speed issues, databases, and overall technical structure).
- Support and challenge constantly the tech and data on platforms upgrades and unificatios.
- Knowledge and experience working with Agile methodologies, ideally with Scrum.
- Advanced English level, written and spoken.
Be the leader of the the product y UX/UI teams, being responsible for the continuous development of each area, their professionals and also alignment to company’s goals.
For the company, our Product team is a key area. They are in charge of investigating, building and continues improving each part of our marketplace platform, using proven techniques that enhance user experiences and interface while making it profitable.
This position reports directly to the General Manager of Yapo.cl, who will be your main supporter in the local structure. You’ll also have support from an experienced group of our family across the world. This will allow you to create an international network, giving you the opportunity to meet awesome people from different cultures, opening the door for developing and growing within the company and the international group.
We also have some other benefits such as flexible working hours (8-10 / 17-19 hours), lunch subvention, complementary insurance (life, health and dental), bonus (for christmas and national holiday) additional vacation days for each year you work with us (limit of 10 days), training and formation in leadership and technical skills also in english in case you need to keep improving, among some others.