Requisition ID : 235036
Requisition Posting End Date : 06 / 04 / 2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation, and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery.
They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
QB2 is an open pit operation which leaches the ore to produce copper cathodes via processing in an SX-EW plant. It is located in the Tarapaca Region, at an altitude of 4,400 meters above sea level and approximately 240 kilometers southeast of the city of Iquique.
a desalination plant supplying sea water - which will be sent by an aqueduct to the concentrator and facilities for the reception, filtering and shipment of the concentrate in the Patache Norte sector, south of Iquique.
Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project.
Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design requirements.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
JOB DIMENSIONS :
A. Supervision Received
Receives technical and operational supervision from supervising construction engineer or assigned supervising discipline superintendent.
B. Supervision Exercised
Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate construction engineers and others, as assigned.
Jobsite contacts are with superintendents and subcontractor’s personnel associated with construction engineering.
Continuous interfacing with client personnel, pertaining to negotiations on subcontract changes.
Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the field.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
1. Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
2. Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
3. Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of as built drawings and other job plans.
4. Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in :
Interpreting design drawings.
Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
5. Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
6. Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
7. Coordinates with the Field Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
8. Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
9. Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
10. Reviews and / or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
11. Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
12. Ensures that vendors’ bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
13. Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite.
Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
14. Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
15. May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
16. Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
JOB KNOWLEDGE :
This knowledge is normally gained through :
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
Specialized courses in construction management, AND / OR
Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port, Pipeline or Concentrator, Chile . With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth.
Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity.
These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to
or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo.
Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Petróleo, Gas y Productos Químicos; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad.
Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a
para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.