Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures
1. Supplier identification Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
2. Negotiations Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
3. Contracts Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management, and executes upon approval.
4. Bid analysis Analyzes and evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value.
5. Sales support Supports bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
6. Goods received Tracks goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
7. Supplier performance Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
8. Orders Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
9. Customer alignment Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) / project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
10. Process alignment Conducts all Procurement & Logistcs activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
Ensures Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in Pro-Supply procedure.
This is an all-inclusive position based in Santiago
Industrial, Electrical, Foreign Trade or Commercial Engineering
Intermediate level English (desirable)
Knowledge in SAP (user level), MM and SD modules. Knowledge in Oracle (user level)
Experience in management control and planning (annual, semi-annual purchases, etc.)
Management of ERPs (SAP and Oracle). Functions, modules, transactions, etc.
Experience in supplier evaluation and selection.