1. Target Formulates competitive bids / estimates / quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation.
Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
2. Preparation Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.
g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid / estimate / quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
3. Coordination In accordance with bid / estimate / quotation planning, ensures that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures.
Manages external services to support bid / estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals. 4. Documentation Collects and archives documentation regarding the offer / order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process.
Regularly reports the status of the bids / estimates / quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
5. Risk Identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers / channels.
Provides information and / or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy. 6. Information coordination Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
7. Customer relations Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers. 8. Supplier selection Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications.
Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.