Requisition ID : 232203
Manages and supervises the startup activities on one or more projects or for a global business unit. Plans and directs startup assignments on the project(s).
Technical responsibility for organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments. Makes day-to-day decisions within assigned area or project and makes recommendations to department or project management regarding policy and procedure.
Responsible for review of project designs and recommendation of changes to design so that projects are safe and operable.
May direct startup operations on a project at the jobsite location. Global business unit startup managers are responsible for oversight and coordination of multiple projects within the global business unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
1. Directs and monitors assigned office or project startup and operations which may include review of design for plant operability, preparation of operations manuals, coordination with construction during field check out and pre-commissioning and testing and execution of the startup in the field.
2. Directs the formulation of and recommends to departmental management policies, procedures, plans and programs within assigned office or project.
3. Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned engineers, estimates staffing needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
4. Participates in proposal preparation activities as required.
5. Prepares or directs the preparation of operations manuals.
6. Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
7. Provides input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
8. Coordinates, as directed, with project management, the startup related engineering, construction and client activities as an office assignment or during startup, operations, maintenance or testing at the jobsite.
9. Coordinates with client representatives to obtain approval on work as it is accomplished.
10. Reviews and approves key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
11. Performs performance reviews for personnel supervised and ensures they receive appropriate technical assistance and on-the-job training for their professional development.
12. Keeps abreast of technological developments and trends in startup and operating services within area of responsibility.
JOB KNOWLEDGE :
Extensive technical knowledge of startup and plant operations within a type of industry.
Knowledge of engineering systems and calculations, applications of both engineering and startup methods, and knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
Extensive knowledge of administrative practices including cost and scheduling.
Extensive knowledge of precedents in the startup and operations areas and a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and criteria pertinent to startup, maintenance, operations, or testing.
The above is normally acquired through :
Skill in oral and written communication.
Demonstrated skill in leadership.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices.
Responsible for the startup and / or operations activities on a small- or medium-sized project, or designated portions of a large project, as assigned.
Assists in preparation of project proposals.
Directs the preparation of portions of or assists in the preparation of operations manuals.
Supervises and provides technical guidance to personnel assigned to projects or tasks within area of responsibility.
Broad working knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and facilities operations criteria pertinent to the activities supervised.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port, Pipeline or Concentrator, Chile . With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote.
The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do.
Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.