Requisition ID : 231638
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT - MARINE
Assigned to a field construction organization in a supervisory or managerial position. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities within assigned area of responsibility, which may be a single area, multi-area or a multi-discipline construction project.
May be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities, or may coordinate with client’s resident representatives on jobsite activities within assigned area of operations.
Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with design / specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
JOB DIMENSIONS :
A. Supervision Received
Receives technical and operational direction from assigned construction manager or other designated supervising manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
Provides technical and administrative direction to superintendents, construction engineers, coordinators, administrators and others, as assigned.
Jobsite contacts are with clients and their representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, labor union representatives, project management and any jobsite personnel assigned within area of responsibility, whether Bechtel or others.
Office contacts are with all levels of construction, engineering, and other functional support groups.
Maintains continuous direct contacts with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, labor unions, and as authorized with local public regulatory agencies and civic groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
1. Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
2. Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
3. Establishes, coordinates and implements construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
4. Controls jobsite expenditures in assigned area for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
5. Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
6. Ensures performance evaluations are conducted on assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained.
7. Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
8. Responsible for craft resources as assigned and coordinates the activities with designated manager and corporate craft resources department.
9. Administers a security plan and coordinates the activities with corporate security department.
10. Responsible for administration of assigned area(s) contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
11. Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
12. Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
13. Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
14. Ensures that Bechtel and local / national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility.
Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
15. Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision-making in the executive of duties.
16. Performs general administrative functions inherent in jobsite supervisory positions.
17. Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented. Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures, as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
JOB KNOWLEDGE :
Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
Knowledge of the Project Construction Environmental Control Plan.
Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
Knowledge is normally acquired through :
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or
Specialized courses in construction management, and / or
Prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above and below.
A minimum 15 years of experience executing marine projects encompassing wharf, jetty and load out infrastructure, sub-sea pipeline and manifold installations, mooring systems, dolphins, barge and tug logistics.
Must have demonstrated knowledge of piling techniques, infrastructure assembly over water, marine plant and their capabilities, dredging methods, complex marine lifts and diving operations.
Specializing in one of the above activities will be also considered advantageous.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a superintendent or other senior site responsible for leading and managing a multidiscipline work force.
Must have EPCM experience.
Overseas experience with a multi-discipline and cultural workforce.
Experience facilitating construction workshops, risk workshops and general meetings
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port, Pipeline or Concentrator, Chile . With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote.
The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do.
Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.