MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-
year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD is recruiting a Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD&PM) Engineer who will work closely with the SD&PM Team (Systems, Field Specialists, etc.
and a be a key technical interface with MSD Direct Material Suppliers (hereafter our Manufacturing Division Suppliers) and Animal Health sites on pro-active activities.
This interaction with our Manufacturing Division Suppliers includes, but is not limited to, performing HyperCare activities at the Supplier manufacturing site to ensure a flawless launch, executing Supplier Technical Capability Assessments (TCA), Up-
Skilling Suppliers, execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) for new items, and leading Specification Alignment activities.
In addition, the SD&PM Supplier Development Engineer will interface with MSD Global Sciences, Technology, and Commercialization (GSTC) group, and the Large and Small Molecule Lines of Business.
Primary Roles include, but are not limited to :
1. Travels 25% % of the time, to and from supplier sites and MSD / MSD sites within the region.
2. Leading the execution of the Technical Capability Assessment (TCA) for new and existing Suppliers, to determine if gaps exist in 12 critical Supplier categories (e.
g. Mold Asset Management, Material Flow, Sub Supplier Management, Change Control, Visual Management, 5 Why’s, etc.) and then Up-
Skilling the Supplier to close those gaps.
3. Performing HyperCare Activities (e.g. walk the lines at the Supplier Manufacturing Site and confirm in-process controls are in place, ensure that current MSD specifications / drawings are being used at Supplier, verify the release equipment in Supplier lab is the same as Supplier qualification and equivalent to MSD Lab, analyze Supplier release test results for Normality, X-
Bar Chart, Histogram, Control Limits, etc.) prior to and / or during Supplier launch for our Manufacturing Division Supply.
4. Partnering with Global Procurement to identify high-risk Items / Suppliers and then mitigating that risk (e.g. HyperCare, Technical Capability Assessment, etc.
for MSD Manufacturing Division sites.
5. Performing a Gap Analysis between specifications, methods, equipment, etc. at MSD Manufacturing Division Suppliers vs.
our Manufacturing Division plants and then mitigate those gaps (e.g. Gage R&R, etc.) to pro-actively reduce future deviations, supply issues, etc.
due to misalignment between MSD and Supplier.
6. Execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), PPAP, SPC implementation, and Run-Out Rates.